CompTIA PenTest+ is designed for cybersecurity professionals working on penetration testing and vulnerability management. It is most comprehensive in its approach covering both performance-based and knowledge-based questions to ensure all stages are covered properly.
This covers not only penetration testing but is the only certification in the market that covers hands-on vulnerability assessment, scanning, and analysis, which includes planning, scoping, and managing weaknesses, not just exploiting them.
The CompTIA Pentest + certified people can help organisations comply with regulations, such as PCI-DSS and NIST 800-53 Risk Management Framework (RMF). It is approved under the Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8140/8570.01-M and under ANSI/ISO standard 17024.
Minimum 3 years of Information security experience with Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge
- Cloud Penetration Tester
- Web App Penetration Tester
- Cloud Security Specialist
- Network and Security Specialist
- Information Security Engineer
- Security Analyst
On course completion, you will be able to answer the following -
- Understanding the key legal concepts, importance of planning for an engagement and its scope.
- Understanding the key aspects of compliance based assessments.
- Information gathering using appropriate techniques.
- Performing and analysing vulnerability scans.
- Leveraging information for exploitation preparation.
- Finding weaknesses related to specialised systems
- Understanding social engineering attacks
- Exploiting network based vulnerabilities, application-based vulnerabilities, wireless and RF-based vulnerabilities and local host vulnerabilities.
- Summarising physical security attacks related to facilities
- Performing post exploitation techniques
- Using Nmap and tools for information gathering
- Compare and contrast various tools usage
- Analysing tool output
- Analysing basic script reporting and communication
- Explaining post report delivery activities
- Recommend mitigation strategies
What is the renewal process for the CompTIA pentest+ ?
One can easily keep the certification up to date with CompTIA’s Continuing Education (CE) program. It’s designed to be a continued validation of your expertise and a tool to expand your skill set.
How many CEUs do I need to renew my certification ?
By participating in several activities and training programs, including higher certifications you can collect Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Candidates have to collect 60 CEUs in 3 years. Once you upload these to your certification account, the CompTIA PenTest+ certification will automatically renew.
How CompTIA pentest+ is different than other cybersecurity certifications ?
CompTIA aims at providing hands-on experience to the candidates and hence the performance based questions are asked. It also talks about vulnerability assessment along with penetration testing.
Does PenTest+ require coding ?
Writing code is not a part of pen-testing. However to analyse the code pen tester must be familiar with the coding languages. This helps in discovering the vulnerabilities, including code attempting to download files, launch remote access, enumerate users and/or enumerate assets.
Web Application Testing
Web Application Penetration Testing training (WAPT)…
Bug Bounty Hunting
Bug Bounty hunting is emerging rapidly these days.…
Red Team Course
With the growing threats in cyberspace, it is not…
The PCNSE (Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security…
The PCNSA (Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security…
Prince 2 Practitioner
The people managing the projects can upskill using…